Assignar is an operations software platform built for construction contractors. We’re a mission-critical business platform for our customers. They have large mobile workforces and heavy equipment, along with complex back-office processes required to run their businesses. With Assignar, they’re able to manage their operations simply as well as gain insights and visibility into their business.
We are headquartered in Denver CO, as well as having our head office in Sydney, Australia and co-working spaces throughout Australia.
We are looking for a Sales Engineer to join our team in Australia and is based remotely.
About the role
- Sales Engineer
- Working with Account Executives, Customer Success and Sales Director - APAC
- Construction technology cloud solution
As a Sales Engineer at Assignar, you are responsible for working with the Sales team of Assignar across ANZ. You will be sitting on demonstrations, asking business questions, building specific product demonstrations, Sandbox/POC environments and project plans for the rollout of the product with customer success. This will be with decision-makers from various levels and departments within construction companies.
The key responsibilities in this role are:
- Seek to understand the prospects business needs in order to effectively present a solution
- Understanding complex business requirements
- Building BI reports and dashboards
- Building specific demonstrations for prospects
- Process flows and business cases for ROI analysis
- Using middleware software to build and maintain specific workflows
- Running Proof of concepts and assisting AE's in converting these into customers
- Utilise Salesforce to assist with building out a project plan and statement of works for prospects
- Master and maintain a strong knowledge of market needs, competition and latest industry news and trends
Benefits and perks
What’s in it for you?
- Working for an established brand in ANZ and North America
- Great team, great culture with a path to further opportunity
- Selling an innovative, high tech product and solving real business needs
- Good base salary package including car allowance, all the tools needed, and uncapped commission
- Working directly with the Sales & Customer Success team
Skills and experience
Essential for this role:
- Minimum 3 years of successful experience as a sales engineer and sales scope in a B2B software sales organisation,
- BI understanding and data structure with capabilities of building reports and dashboards
- Building workflows and using middleware software to gain the desired outcome for prospects and customers
- Understanding the WBS structure and building out project plans with key deliverables for prospects and customers
- 5+ years of experience in construction based solutioning within a similar function; focused on delivering results to prospect so as to drive productivity and improve operational efficiency
- Be a strong relationship builder, networker with a real understanding of businesses and the commercial challenges they face
- Technical around business process and commercial operations in order to understand how to configure product or change management for prospective customers
- Have a strong understanding of consultative selling approaches in order to build trust, identify the business need, and recommend solutions for the prospect
- Ability to work in a self-directed, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Documented success in turning both qualified and unqualified leads into sales revenue and an understanding of the sales process
Non-essential but advantageous:
- Construction operations experience in areas like civil contracting, rail, traffic control, mining, or other construction subcontracting
- SaaS or other software sales
- Strong desire to help construction companies succeed