Software Engineer at Assignar
We are looking for a Software Engineer who can join our efforts to lead the construction tech industry in ease of use and customer delight.
What you'll do
- Own and implement cross-functional, multi-engineer initiatives including architecture hosted on AWS, and web services for end-to-end, user-facing functionality.
- Deliver top quality code in a timely fashion with a solid sense of prioritisation.
- Be self-driven, take complete ownership of initiatives, and make pragmatic technical decisions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of developers, and operations to get work done.
- Participate and contribute to constantly improving best practices in development.
- Demonstrate great communication skills in working with technical and non-technical audiences.
What you'll bring
- Experience in building web applications and services.
- Experience developing user interfaces using modern web frameworks (we primarily use React).
- Experience with REST and GraphQL API design best practices including Authentication, Documentation, and Monitoring.
- Back-end programming skills using Python, Node.js, and Typescript.
- Familiarity with feature flag-based continuous integration and deployment.
- Experience with enterprise SaaS platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, self-driven, and make practical trade-offs based on business needs and entrepreneurial spirit.
How we'll support you
Assignar offers competitive benefits that support employees and their families.. Some of our benefits include:
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Quarterly mental health days
- 4 weeks ‘work from anywhere’ in the world
- Remote-first culture - we encourage people from all locations in Australia to apply
- Flexible work hours
- Up-skill training opportunities, coaching, and training
- Equity - everyone owns a slice of the business, no matter how senior you are or what role you’re in
- Social events - regular team events in various locations
- Laptop and swag
About our Engineering Culture:
- The best ideas win - no matter who or where they may come from
- Problems not solutions - engineers focus on solving problems, not building solutions handed to them
- Move fast and iterate - we strive for continuous deployment enabled by healthy testing, monitoring, and feature flagging. Quick progress is better than waiting for perfection.
- Strong opinions, loosely held - we are all passionate but open-minded, both are essential to building a successful and talented team.
- Shipping is just the beginning - Are customers using the feature? Was our hypothesis right? It's not just about writing code or deploying features, it's about making an impact.
To be considered for this role, you must have legal rights to work in Australia on a full-time basis.
We're a mission-led cloud-based construction tech startup. Sean McCreanor (co-founder and CEO) started Assignar in 2014 after experiencing the painful lack of offerings available to him as a contractor to run his own business operations. Cut to present and Assignar works with hundreds of customers, ranging from multinational, multi-billion-dollar companies to specialist contractors.
We’ve found product-market fit: Assignar is an all-in-one platform, now leading the way in digital construction operations built for contractors. We enable teams to have real-time visibility on job sites to schedule the right workers for the right projects successfully, track equipment efficiently, and make well-informed, data-driven decisions for future projects.
We’re well funded. In 2021, we raised a $20 million Series B funding round. Investor demand was so high that in late 2021, we raised a $16.5 million secondary round. Our investors include Fifth Wall, Tola Capital, Ironspring Capital, OIF Ventures, Tiger Global, HighSage Ventures, and SecondQuarter Ventures.
We value inclusion and diversity at Assignar. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. If you feel like you don't meet all the criteria above, please apply anyway! We don't want that to get in the way of meeting you.